Medical Physician Job in Augusta, Georgia : GA
Looking for Medical Physician Jobs? See currently available Medical Physician job openings on medical-physician.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
medical-physician.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any medical physician job . We provide job resources for Medical Physician positions throughout the industry. medical-physician.jobs.net also provides Medical Physician jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Medical Physician by either city or state.
medical-physician.jobs.net is a medical physician job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Medical Physician jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your medical physician job search on medical-physician.jobs.net today.
Azura - Physician Assistant - Full Time - Augusta, Ga
Azura - Physician Assistant - Full Time - Augusta, Ga Job Description
Vascular Surgery Practice
Monday-Friday Day shift, on call rotation once a month
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory , FVC and FMS policy requirements.
Under the direct supervision of a licensed physician, provides medical services as appropriate. Serves as a member of a specialized clinical and research team responsible for coordination of the provision of care for FVC center patients under the supervision and direction of the medical director. Participates in the performance of endovascular procedures and assists with the coordination of research protocols as appropriate. Is certified by each acting physician as to the scope of procedures that can be performed and to what level of autonomy for each type of procedure.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Has wide-ranging experience, and uses professional concepts in developing resolution to critical issues and broad design matters. (Some barriers to entry exist at this level (e.g., dept./peer review). Career can plateau)
- Acts as a subject matter expert.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead). Networks with key contacts outside of area of expertise.
- Provides assistance to other staff with complex tasks that require considerable judgment and initiative.
- May escalate difficult/complex issues to supervisor/manager for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Mentor other staff as applicable.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- performs physician approved procedures independently and during more complex procedures, with the physician’s guidance.
- Assists the physician by obtaining patient histories and performing physical exams. Conducts pre-procedure medical assessment of patients.
- Perform procedures as specified in the scope of practice under the supervision of the physician in the outpatient procedure center. The scope of practice is determined by the physician during the certification of the PA.
- Coordinate and review results of diagnostic procedures, laboratory tests, and other patient studies and medical reports to consult with physician in order for physician to determine course of treatment.
- Gathers patient medical history, including medical procedures performed, incident reports, other history and treads to inform physician of significant findings.
- Updates and maintains patient files to ensure accurate examination documentation.Coordinates with scheduling staff and schedule patients for office hours and procedures upon assessment of patient.
- Either independently or with physician, consults with patient on the findings of the physical exam and possible course of treatment.
- Respond to patient telephone calls made to the practice as needed in the absence of the physician or as necessary based on consult. Make follow-up telephone calls to patients as clinically appropriate.
- Provide appropriate education to patients and their family regarding medical findings and procedures.
- Draws up intravenous medication and labels as per Medication Labeling Policy, and Medication in the Sterile Field Competency.
- Follow patients post-procedure in the outpatient setting to ensure proper care.
- Post consult, coordinates procedure to ensure availability of required resources, staffing and pre, post and procedure space to ensure the quality and continuity of patient care and assists with the management of the workflow of the center.
- Participate in a variety of clinical and educational conferences.
- Attend professional meetings. Stay abreast of research literature.
- Contributes to the achievement of excellence in healthcare through the quality and caring values of the philosophy of FVC. And complies with all health and safety policies.
- Adheres to all FVC’s HIPAA compliance procedures.
Augusta Medical Physician Job
Azura - Physician Assistant - Full Time - Augusta, Ga Job Requirements
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The position requires travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Travel to regional, Business Unit and Corporate meetings may be required.
The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials. Majority of time spent on feet, with substantial amount of pushing, pulling, lifting, and positioning of patients. Position requires ability to frequently lift objects heavier than 50 pounds, perform moderately difficult manipulative skills and hand-eye coordination skills, walk and stand for prolonged periods, see objects closely, and hear normal sounds with some background noises.
Travel is required for this position 10-15%.
Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced Degree preferred
Bachelors’ degree plus graduate of AMA-recognized physician assistant training program.
NCCPA certification, ACLS certification and CPR certification
Licensure: State Physician Assistant License in the state of practice
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 8 – 12 years’ related experience; or a Master’s degree with 6 years’ experience; or a PhD with 3 years’ experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- Five years of varied technical/procedural skills/experience in diagnostic radiography.
- Interventional procedure experience preferred.
- Ability to act in a professional capacity and serve as a professional role model.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Ability to perform invasive procedures under the supervision of, and provide a primary technical report to a licensed physician
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity