Medical Physician Job in Washington, Dc : DC
Looking for Medical Physician Jobs? See currently available Medical Physician job openings on medical-physician.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
medical-physician.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any medical physician job . We provide job resources for Medical Physician positions throughout the industry. medical-physician.jobs.net also provides Medical Physician jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Medical Physician by either city or state.
medical-physician.jobs.net is a medical physician job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Medical Physician jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your medical physician job search on medical-physician.jobs.net today.
Critical Care (Icu) Nurse Practicioner/Physician Assistant - Hospital Based Midlevel
Critical Care (Icu) Nurse Practicioner/Physician Assistant - Hospital Based Midlevel Job DescriptionPosition Summary
Provides emergent and urgent care to patients in critical condition, including, but not limited to, patients in cardiac surgery, general surgery and surgical subspecialties, trauma, and medical patients. This role serves as a liaison for all disciplines and services interfacing with the Critical Care Service. The NP /PA will be credentialed according to the medical staff regulations of the GWU hospital and will be under the supervision of an appropriately credentialed Critical Care attending physician.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include but are not limited to the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. Other duties may be assigned.
• Evaluates critically ill patients in ED, recovery room and on medicine/surgical services.
• Provides emergent and urgent care to patients in critical condition.
• Performs history and physical examination of patients.
• Writes orders and interprets laboratory data and radiological tests.
• Monitors patient status and response to treatments.
• Documents findings in the ICU medical record.
• Recommends and initiates appropriate therapeutic interventions.
• Consults with subspecialty services as appropriate.
• Provides education and counseling for patients and families.
• Performs procedures, such as but not limited to, intubation, central line placement, arterial line placement, lumbar puncture, chest tube insertion, and paracentesis.
• Participates in daily team rounding, periodic M&M sessions and department conferences/teaching opportunities.
• Holds a close working relationship with nursing and medical staff.
• Participates in the continuing education programs and departmental quality assurance, risk management, and compliance efforts.
• Involved in critical care research projects, as well as, renal replacement therapy.
• Manages non-ICU cardiac surgery patients during nights/ evenings/ weekends/ holidays inclusive of TAVR patients in conjunction with the department of cardiology.
• Fields cardiac surgery patient phone calls after hours/ weekends/ holidays.
• Facilitates the transfer of critical care patients with other facilities.
• Actively works toward improving the Critical Care team, referring team, nursing staff, patient and family satisfaction.
• Participates in the assessment of patient and family educational needs and assists in the planning and implementation of the associated teaching plan.
• Facilitates transfer of information among healthcare professionals in order to promote smooth patient transition between services and levels of care.
• Acts as a role model to nursing staff by demonstrating clinical and theoretical expertise, critical thinking and innovation in patient management.
• Ensures staff compliance with established standards of care and provides input to improve clinical practice.
• Eagerly seeks and participates in teaching opportunities with MFA, GWUH, GWU persons, as well as, with local, national, and international students and faculty.
• Actively creates, initiates and participates in research and development.
• Coordinates and implements financial strategies to maintain a cost effective environment.
• Monitors and measures performance in order to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Develops and manages process improvement activities.
• Supervises RN, NP, PA, interns, residents, health science and medical students as appropriate.
Non Essential Functions (Responsibilities)
Helps to maintain a safe, clean and orderly work environment.
• Understands and supports The GW Medical Faculty Associates and The George Washington University Hospital’s mission statement, vision, and values and guiding principles.
• Carries out safety and infection control procedures to ensure patient, staff and visitor safety.
• Responds to customers in a friendly, prompt, and caring manner, maintaining confidentiality and respect.
• Demonstrates positive behaviors toward patients, families, physicians, and all
• Promotes mutual respect and professionalism.
• Participates in Performance Improvement activities by identifying areas needing improvement and taking action to improve, trend, and report through PI process.
• Proven interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians and other health care team members
• Demonstrated flexibility and dedication to team involvement.
• Capable of accepting new challenges and developing programs from start to finish
• Self-directed, with sound decision making, written and verbal communication skills
• Able to maintain confidentiality
• Effective interpersonal skills with strong facilitation, conflict resolution and negotiating skills.
Washington Medical Physician Job
Critical Care (Icu) Nurse Practicioner/Physician Assistant - Hospital Based Midlevel Job RequirementsQualifications
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
NP: A masters degree in nursing and completion of an approved course of study as a nurse practitioner. Current ANCC certification and D.C. licensure as a NP is necessary.
PA: A masters degree as physician assistant and completion of an approved course of study as a physician assistant. Current NCCPA certification and D.C. licensure as a Physician Assistant is necessary.
Some previous experience is recommended. Excellent communication skills required.
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner. Must be able to follow and understand instructions, and react favorably in all work situations. Must have strong interpersonal skills and be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people at various levels within and outside the Medical Faculty Associates (MFA). Must be able to do math calculations and input data into the computer.
General supervision is received weekly to monthly from the designated Team Lead and the Chief, Hospital-Based NP/PA, GWU Hospital.
Functional supervision may be exercised over professional nurses.