Medical Physician Job in Honolulu, Hawaii : HI 96801
Looking for Medical Physician Jobs? See currently available Medical Physician job openings on medical-physician.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
medical-physician.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any medical physician job . We provide job resources for Medical Physician positions throughout the industry. medical-physician.jobs.net also provides Medical Physician jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Medical Physician by either city or state.
medical-physician.jobs.net is a medical physician job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Medical Physician jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your medical physician job search on medical-physician.jobs.net today.
Front Office Coordinator / Medical Assistant
Front Office Coordinator / Medical Assistant Job Description
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Front Office Coordinator / Medical Assistant acts as the facility receptionist while answering incoming referral calls and completing admissions for patients. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring required demographic, financial, referral, and clinical and other admission data is collected, completed and communicated per related policies and procedures. The Front Office Coordinator provides secretarial and administrative support as needed.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Documents patient cancelation and patient “no show” as appropriate.
- Completes front end process of billing procedure ensuring all information is entered into the computer registration module.
- Obtains necessary patient information (clinical, financial and demographic) from referral source to initiate admissions process.
- Interviews patient or patient representative or referral source to obtain the necessary personal and financial data to determine eligibility for admission.
- Obtains necessary signatures to ensure the efficient processing of admissions data in accordance with related policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with referral source or patient or patient’s physician to effectively resolve issues impacting patient’s admission process.
- Ensures all aspects of patient confidentiality are maintained at all times.
- Provides patient with appropriate HIPPA information and documentation.
- Verifies and obtains eligibility and benefits for all primary and secondary insurances. If verification is processed via Internet, prints out and includes in registration packet.
- Performs pre-certification on all non-Medicare patients before treatment is initiated.
- Works closely with billing personnel to obtain and verify all necessary information for billing purposes.
- Researches any questions related to charge sheets and files charge sheets in financial records.
- Distributes copies of all billing information and necessary documents to the billing department on a daily basis.
- Sends patient operative reports to referral source and patient’s physician within 72 hours of completed procedure.
- Ensures appropriate signatures are included on all necessary chart forms.
- Inspects patient charts post procedure. Obtains physician dictation and file in medical record.
- Prepares and types routine correspondence, form letters and reports.
- Answers telephones and routs calls.
- Greets visitors and patients. Demonstrates a positive attitude. Is polite, courteous and professional.
- Distributes faxes, memos and e-mails to the appropriate parties.
- Makes copies of correspondence and other printed matter.
- Prints patient schedule and pull patient charts daily.
- Maintains/purges/files medical record in an organized manner; obtains medical records as requested/ indicated.
- Maintains effective lines of communication with peers. Interfaces with other health care providers and facilities.
- Picks up and sort mail/faxes on a daily basis. Arranges for package pickup and delivery.
- Participates in staff meetings and communicates (problem solves) issues related to quality of care.
- Inventories, orders and/or stocks office with supplies, equipment, forms and medications as directed by supervisors.
- Ensures log books and tracking systems are updated and accurate in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Maintains waiting room and ensures it is clean and free of debris.
- Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Performs functions that require full knowledge of general aspects of the job.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature, but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
- Reviews and complies with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assists with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Assists in the performance of patient care:
Obtains weight, vital signs, BMI, patient history
Assists patients in collection of specimens
Assists practitioners with procedures
Complete forms, requisitions and consents as required
Documents in EMR
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
Honolulu Medical Physician Job
Front Office Coordinator / Medical Assistant Job Requirements
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel may be required.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- Frequent (34-66% of the day) - sitting, standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms, flexing/extension of wrist use, grasping and fine manipulation, talking and hearing.
- Occasionally (11-33% of the day)-bending, climbing, kneeling, reaching at or above shoulders.
- Infrequent (1-11% of the day) - crawling or crouching.
- Must be able to lift up and pull/ push up to 25 pounds.
High School Diploma/GED required.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1 – 2 years’ related experience (such as front office, administrative experience in medical office).
- Minimum of six months relevant experience, preferably in a medical setting with insurance billing.
- Proficient in the use of computers and related software such as Microsoft Office is necessary.
- Exceptional communication skills – verbal and written.
- Outstanding organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Outstanding customer relations skills.
- Possesses proper phone etiquette skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity