Medical Physician Job in Washington, Dc : DC
Looking for Medical Physician Jobs? See currently available Medical Physician job openings on medical-physician.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
medical-physician.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any medical physician job . We provide job resources for Medical Physician positions throughout the industry. medical-physician.jobs.net also provides Medical Physician jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Medical Physician by either city or state.
medical-physician.jobs.net is a medical physician job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Medical Physician jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your medical physician job search on medical-physician.jobs.net today.
Medical Assistant - Urology
Medical Assistant - Urology Job DescriptionPosition Summary
To assist physicians, nurses and patients by providing ambulatory medical care services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
Responsible for clinic patient flow, informing physicians of patients’ arrival and room assignment
• Rooming patients
Accompanies and/or assists patients to the exam room in a professional manner
Obtains patient vital signs, to include height, weight, blood pressure, temperature, pulse and respiration. Pulse oximetry if needed.
• Vital Signs
Able to perform using manual equipment and Welch Allen spot vital sign machine and import results to electronic medical record in a timely fashion
• Assist physicians during examinations and procedures
This includes setting up the exam room and preparing the patient
• May be required to take patient medical history if applicable per department
• May perform a variety of testing, diagnostic, and screening procedures
• Assists in explaining test procedures to patients
• Current in basic CPR/AED
Ability to calculate dosages (may be required to demonstrate via passing yearly written medication exam)
Administer medications (oral, intramuscular, subcutaneous, intradermal, inhalation, rectal, topical) using proper technique – this duty can only be performed after the MA has demonstrated competency to clinic RN yearly, if applicable per department.
• Communicates laboratory and test results to physicians and/or nurses
• May assist with other support activities, to include packaging and sterilizing equipment and supplies.
• Maintains patient areas clean and safe
• Maintains and improves knowledge and expertise through continuous training
Passes yearly Competency Based Objectives (CBO), if required by department.
• Must pass all tests in a maximum of two attempts, if required by department.
• Knowledge and performance of sterile techniques required.
• Suture removal is permitted as long as a nurse or physician is present to assess the wound.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Takes inventory of supplies, equipment and medication
• Ensures clinical areas are well stocked
• Ensures expiration dates have not lapsed
• Communicates problems and concerns to supervisors
• Attends staff meetings
• Reports equipment/computer problems
• Provides excellent customer service by demonstrating positive behaviors towards
patients, families/visitors, providers, other department staff, and co-workers.
• Performs QA of equipment and instruments.
COMPUTER SKILLS – IDX/TOUCHWORKS
• Properly import vital signs into the patients’ electronic medical record
• Properly document medical information
• Generates accurate simple tasks
Such as notifying physician of PPD and Point of Care (POC) results, etc.
• Able to locate, follow, and document results of computerized orders
• Able to appropriately document care and services into the patients’ electronic medical record
• Able to correctly complete electronic charges for nurse visits
• Able to pull up schedules and print labels
• Attend IT training
• Attend all training classes to maintain computer skills and learn any touchworks updates
• Pass all proficiency tests
All tests must be passed in a maximum of two attempts, if required by department.
Per scope of work, Medical Assistants are NOT allowed to do the following:
• Medical Assistants cannot call in an RX without a doctors order
• Medical Assistants are not allowed to do insulin injections
• Medical Assistants cannot calculate dosages
• Medical Assistants are not allowed to use lasers
Washington Medical Physician Job
Medical Assistant - Urology Job RequirementsQualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education High school graduate and graduate from a Medical Assistant School. Certification or Registration as a Medical Assistant required and required to keep current.
Experience Two to three years experience of general patient care (i.e. hospital, physician’s office or ambulatory care setting) preferred.
Competencies Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner. Must be able to follow and understand instructions, and react favorably in all work situations. Must have strong interpersonal skills and be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people at various levels within and outside the Medical Faculty Associates (MFA). Must be able to do math calculations and input data into the computer.
Supervision is received on a daily basis from a Registered Nurse, or other in conjunction with nursing staff. Clinical guidance is received from the physicians.