Medical Physician Job in Washington, Dc : DC
Looking for Medical Physician Jobs? See currently available Medical Physician job openings on medical-physician.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
medical-physician.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any medical physician job . We provide job resources for Medical Physician positions throughout the industry. medical-physician.jobs.net also provides Medical Physician jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Medical Physician by either city or state.
medical-physician.jobs.net is a medical physician job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Medical Physician jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your medical physician job search on medical-physician.jobs.net today.
Emergency Medicine Physician
Emergency Medicine Physician Job DescriptionThe George Washington University Medical Faculty Associates (MFA). Department of Emergency Medicine maintains two government contracts for the staffing of the Emergency Departments at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) and the Washington, DC Veterans Medical Center (VAMC).
The Attending Physician is responsible for providing care to emergency department patients at either one or both facilities and representing the MFA in all interactions with the customer, the United States Government.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
• Treatment of Emergency Department patients in a manner consistent with the training and skills of a board certified emergency physician.
• Timely completion of patient clinical records for all settings at which the Physician provides services using the EMR at the hospital to which you are assigned.
• Submission of timely, complete and correct billing information to the MFA as appropriate.
• Commitment to the best interests of the MFA.
• Fully participate in the resolution of patient complaints and malpractice actions
• Full commitment to the MFA’s, and/or the hospital to which you are assigned, patient care and quality improvement programs, including constant efforts to improve patient satisfaction
• Conduct that is consistent with the ethical standards of the MFA.
• Obtaining and recording a detailed medical history of each patient, including, but not limited to, the patient's chief complaint, his/her present condition, the patient's individual history, and his/her family history, as clinically appropriate
• Maintenance of Board certification and complying with CME requirements of the Hospital Medical staff and state licensure agencies
• Maintenance of work site specific mandated annual training (HIPAA, Information Security, Annual training, etc.)
• Being on time for all clinical shifts.
• Being reasonably flexible for trading shifts with colleagues.
• Representing the MFA well to patients and staff at the hospital to which you are assigned.
• Performing other duties assigned by MFA (including by the Department Chair) from time to time
• Following all policies and procedures of MFA
• Performing such teaching, medical director and administrative services as requested by MFA.
Washington Medical Physician Job
Emergency Medicine Physician Job RequirementsThe requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The physician will be required to submit an application for hospital privileges/appointment at the facility in which they are assigned and must be approved prior to starting work. The physician will also have to complete an application for credentialing through the GW Medical Faculty Associates and be approved before starting work.
- MD or DO from an accredited medical school
- ECFMG if Medical School is non-US
- Successful completion of an Emergency Medicine Residency accredited by the ACGME or the AOA
- Must obtain and maintain current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for providers and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Training, and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) (WRNNMC only) certifications and other certifications as required.
-Board certification or Board Eligible (certification required within 2 years of residency completion) in Emergency Medicine by the American Board of Emergency Medicine or American Osteopathic Board of Emergency Medicine (AOBEM).
- Active/unrestricted /valid MD/DO license in a US state or territory and ability to obtain a D.C license
- Must be capable of handling multiple tasks at once
-Must be eligible for a clinical faculty appointment at the George Washington University School of Medicine
-Must have or obtain a current, valid Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration number prior to performing service.
-Other that may apply per each government contract.
- US Citizen
- Be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Appropriate vaccination and immunization documentation
Ability to do math calculations, input data into the computer, and analyze data as requested. Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner. Must be able to follow and understand instructions, and react favorably in all work situations. Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people.