Medical Physician Job in Anchorage, Alaska : AK 99503
Looking for Medical Physician Jobs? See currently available Medical Physician job openings on medical-physician.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
medical-physician.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any medical physician job . We provide job resources for Medical Physician positions throughout the industry. medical-physician.jobs.net also provides Medical Physician jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Medical Physician by either city or state.
medical-physician.jobs.net is a medical physician job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Medical Physician jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your medical physician job search on medical-physician.jobs.net today.
Registered Nurse (Rn), Catheterization Lab
Registered Nurse (Rn), Catheterization Lab Job Description
Registered Nurse (RN) Job Description
Knowledge of cardiac anatomy & physiology. Invasive cardiovascular practices/techniques/pressures. EKG analysis & emergency protocols. Assists the cardiovascular physicians in performing diagnostic cardiac & diagnostic/interventional peripheral procedures. Demonstrates the ability to use a variety of complicated/advanced equipment, monitors, devices & supplies. Provides all aspects of care for the cardiovascular patient, including pre-op assessment, procedural, & post-op recovery. Knowledgeable of cardiovascular disease & the potential hazards associated w/ invasive cardiovascular procedures. Must possess the ability cross-train within the procedural environment. Obtain proficiency in a minimum of two roles, including but not limited to, circulating, monitoring & scrubbing. Demonstrates the ability to operate all equipment safely & correctly. Adheres to established standards & procedures. Performs all duties in a manner which promotes team concept.
- $80K - $120K
- Shifts Vary
- Full time, Direct Hire
Registered Nurse (RN) Job Summary
- Patient care in cardiovascular lab. Pre-operative preparation includes obtaining informed consent, labs, procedural orders, history and physicals, vital signs, preparation of invasive procedural site & EKG s
- Scrubbing, circulating, or monitoring. Alerting the physician to any changes in patient status
- Administration of an oral or intravenous medication under the direction of the performing physician
- Good patient communication/rapport for comfort/status assessment & vital signs
- Post-operative includes SP documentation of information, vital signs, teaching, insertion site assessment & sheath removal
- Use of vascular closure devices per department policy, applying vascular pressure, monitoring & alerting physician to changes, documenting and reporting to transferring nursing units
- Preparation of sterile procedural setups
- Adhering to sterile technique in all procedures
- Communicating w/ family pre, during & post procedure
- Accurate patient positioning & assistance in selection of radiographic techniques for optimal visualization & minimal radiation exposure to patient staff & physicians
- Proper image acquisition, archival & image processing specific to procedure type
- Assures standard completion of patient/computer reports, calculations, & appropriate procedural charges
- Maintain professional training & continuing education as required by discipline
- Responsible for the review & knowledge of Departmental polices & procedure guidelines, skills checklists, medications review, & safety & disaster guidelines annually perform all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety & reduces the likelihood of medical/health errors Interacts professionally w/ patient & family
- Respects patient s confidentiality & right to privacy
- Provides patient w/ explanations & verbal reassurance as necessary
- Anticipates the needs of the physician
- Demonstrates ability to circulate all procedures in the Cardiac Cath Lab
- Appropriately responds to a patient in an emergency or physically stressful situation
- Establishes & maintains effective communication & good working relationships w/ coworkers for the patient s benefit
Anchorage Medical Physician Job
Registered Nurse (Rn), Catheterization Lab Job Requirements
Registered Nurse (RN) Working Environment
- Requires full range of body motion including handling & lifting patients, manual & finger dexterity & eye-hand coordination
- Requires standing & walking for extensive periods of time
- Occasionally lifts & carries items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Requires corrected vision & hearing to normal range w/ reasonable accommodations
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours
- Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations & other conditions common to a clinic environment Registered Nurse (RN) Requirements & Qualification
- Current licensure in the State of Alaska
- Current BLS/ACLS certification
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing w/ at least one year of critical care/emergency nursing experience
- Previous Catheterization lab experience is required w/ proficient interpretation of EKGs & hemodynamic pressure tracings.
- Background knowledge & skill set in cardiovascular patient care required
- Commitment to our institute standard for interaction w/ patients, visitors, physician offices, hospitals or agencies & coworkers is required.
- Mill maintain a consistent standard of interaction w/ others as follows:
- Demonstrates a professional, helpful & friendly attitude, which is directed toward & focused on providing quality patient care & satisfaction in a cooperative manner
- Demonstrates the ability to be a team player by a willingness to help coworkers & patients/families
- Demonstrates maturity, tact & diplomacy
- Demonstrates a commitment to stay on task, not allowing personal matters to interfere w/ job performance
- Maintains a professional and pleasant demeanor and appearance, which is reflective of a positive representation of our Institute
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & we celebrate diversity at all levels of our organization
Come Visit Us! Walk-Ins Welcome! Email Us! Call Us! or Text Us!