Medical Physician Job in Bethesda, Maryland : MD
Looking for Medical Physician Jobs? See currently available Medical Physician job openings on medical-physician.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
medical-physician.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any medical physician job . We provide job resources for Medical Physician positions throughout the industry. medical-physician.jobs.net also provides Medical Physician jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Medical Physician by either city or state.
medical-physician.jobs.net is a medical physician job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Medical Physician jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your medical physician job search on medical-physician.jobs.net today.
Physician Assistant-Cardiothoracic Surgery
Physician Assistant-Cardiothoracic Surgery Job DescriptionThe Physician Assistant will join our Cardiothoracic Surgical team, working in 2 digitally integrated operating rooms. The Physician Assistant will assist the surgical team with all operations in the CVOR, including coronary artery bypass, minimally invasive valve repair/replacement, and aortic surgery.
Physician Assistant Job Summary:
- Provides health care services to patients under the direction and responsibility of the attending physicians and the Clinical Director of the Department of Surgery.
- While providing surgical assistance, follows the direction of the attending surgeon having responsibility for the surgical case.
- Screens patients to determine need for medical attention; reviews patient records to determine health status; takes patient history; performs physical examinations; records pertinent patient data.
- Initiates requests for commonly-performed initial laboratory studies; collects specimens for and carries out commonly-performed blood, urine, and stool analyses, and culture; identifies normal & abnormal findings of history, physical examination; and commonly-performed laboratory studies.
- Initiates appropriate evaluation and therapy in emergency situations (e.g., cardiac arrest, respiratory distress, injuries, burns, hemorrhage).
- Assists in surgery under direct supervision of the attending surgeon; serves as First Assist in OR; performs the following functions in surgery: retract; suction; sponge; clamp, tie, & cauterize vessels; suture skin, ligate & tie vessels, muscles, and subcutaneous closure; assists in such additional functions as may be deemed appropriate by attending surgeon; adheres to aseptic techniques.
- Conducts perioperative patient evaluation and management including tissue handling and identification; completion of pre- and post-op documents, lab, x-rays, and permits; applies dressings, splints, casts, and sling applications.
Bethesda Medical Physician Job
Physician Assistant-Cardiothoracic Surgery Job Requirements
- Certification by the National Commission for Certification of Physician Assistants at time of hire or within one year of initial employment
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification required
- Current Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) certification preferred
- Central Venous Catherization and Placement of Chest Tubes requires special Certification by Board of Physician Quality Assurance