Medical Physician Job in Cookeville, Tennessee : TN
Looking for Medical Physician Jobs? See currently available Medical Physician job openings on medical-physician.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
medical-physician.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any medical physician job . We provide job resources for Medical Physician positions throughout the industry. medical-physician.jobs.net also provides Medical Physician jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Medical Physician by either city or state.
medical-physician.jobs.net is a medical physician job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Medical Physician jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your medical physician job search on medical-physician.jobs.net today.
Physician Job Description
Responsible for delivery of medical care in an interventional pain management setting. Physician will provide direct patient care as well as supervise the care being provided to patient by other
team member such as Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Licensed Practical Nurses and Medical Assistants.
JOB EXPECTATIONS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provide professional medical services for which Physician is qualified to patients who seek such medical services and are scheduled for appointments with Physician, in accordance with recognized medical standards and the protocols of Company.
- Provide outpatient pain management services and rehabilitation visits and procedures at
all assigned locations. Monitor effectiveness of pain management interventions such as medication and injections (spinal, joint, etc.).
- Determine discomfort level and cause of patient’s pain. Recommend tests to determine extent of pain, help diagnose condition, or manage pain. Provide relief from acute or chronic pain through the use of medications, nerve blocks, electrical stimulation, or other therapies as needed.
- Physician shall supervise the delivery of all professional medical treatment, clinical
care and other services performed at each assigned location. This will be done for all patients who require treatment and service without violating the rights of any patient or undermining the rights or responsibilities of any treating clinician.
- Ensure that Company’s policies and procedures relating to pain management are
communicated to all healthcare providers and non-physician staff who treat patients and report to Company any failure of such persons to comply with such policies and procedures.
- Physician shall be familiar with and perform all other duties required under and be in
compliance with of the federal or state licensure or certification requirements, any applicable Medicare Conditions of Coverage, and all other applicable laws and regulations.
- Review all patient charts of subordinates and sign off on their delivery of care to patients.
- Company deploys an EMR program thus Physician must become proficient with its use as well as the accuracy of data entered.
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences. Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Candidate must have a positive attitude and be able to improvise and adjust when faced with roadblocks.
- Performs all other tasks and special projects as requested.
EDUCATION & LICENSING
Physician will hold a currently valid and unrestricted license to practice medicine and maintain board certification in pain management. Physician must also have one of the following: 1) a subspecialty certification in pain medicine as accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) through either the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) or the American Osteopathic Association (AOA), or is eligible to sit for the board examination offered by ABMS or AOA; 2) attains American Board of Pain Medicine (ABPM) diplomate status; or 3) is board certified by the American Board of lnterventional Pain Physicians (ABIPP) by passing exams 1& 2.
Minimum 1 - 3 years of experience in pain management setting.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Ability to prioritize and work under a tight schedule.
- Excellent personal computer skills including spreadsheet applications and word processing.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to address practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization may exist.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or
- Ability to travel on a limited basis.
- Extensive working knowledge of governmental Medicare/Medicaid carriers.
- Knowledge of the principles of management, supervision and/or health care administration.
- Knowledge of federal and state health and safety regulations after a period of training.
- Ability to work effectively with representatives of various state and federal organizations and maintain a cooperative working relationship.
- Ability to interpret and apply necessary rules, regulations, and policies and the utilization thereof in the development and implementation of advice provided to staff and management.
- Ability to work harmoniously with associates.
- Ability to pass drug and background screening and testing.
- Ability to work under pressure; meet inflexible deadlines; set priorities; deal diplomatically with difficult individuals; supervise others; ability to manage multiple programs; and work independently. Adherence to the highest ethical standards essential.
- Ability to direct the keeping of clear, sound, accurate and informative reports containing findings and conclusions.
- Ability to prepare detailed correspondence in the course of official duties.
- Ability to establish and maintain essential records and files. Ability to direct the maintenance of suitable records and files.
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand or communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position.
Cookeville Medical Physician Job