Medical Physician Job in Wichita, Kansas : KS 67203
Looking for Medical Physician Jobs? See currently available Medical Physician job openings on medical-physician.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
medical-physician.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any medical physician job . We provide job resources for Medical Physician positions throughout the industry. medical-physician.jobs.net also provides Medical Physician jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Medical Physician by either city or state.
medical-physician.jobs.net is a medical physician job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Medical Physician jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your medical physician job search on medical-physician.jobs.net today.
Primary Care Physician
Primary Care Physician Job Description
Provides primary medical care to participants in Ascension Living PACE communities, including assessment, development of a plan of care in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Team, provision of direct patient medical care and evaluation of effectiveness of the plan of care. The Primary Care Physician functions in a collegial relationship with the other health professionals; making independent decisions regarding medical needs and health regimens, and carries out medical procedures as indicated.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides initial and ongoing participant assessments, care plan development and implementation of care plan.
- Obtains a complete health history and records the findings in a systematic organized manner.
- Performs physical examinations, orders and evaluates appropriate laboratory and diagnostic tests, and records in a systematic manner.
- Identifies medical, social, cultural and financial problems.
- Performs functional status evaluation and/or mental status examinations using standardized procedures.
- Identifies and describes behavior patterns of the chronically ill.
- Triages status changes in participants and facilitates appropriate management of problem identified.
- Provides preventative health care and health promotion for ABCS PACE participants.
- Treats and manages acute chronic illnesses in the day health center, nursing home, group home, or in participants home.
- Regulates and adjusts medications as needed.
- Facilitates medical specialist consultation as needed.
- Educates clients and families regarding health maintenance and their chronic medical conditions.
- Provides inpatient attending coverage responsibility when participant is hospitalized or admitted to a nursing home and communicates participant status to ABCS PACE Interdisciplinary team.
- Works as supervising physician with the nurse practitioner or clinical nurse specialist at that site.
- Serves as a source of geriatric and medical knowledge for the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Maintains an active role in the Interdisciplinary Team process.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the participant’s plan of care and revises as appropriate.
- Serves as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team and participates in the development of the comprehensive plan of care and ongoing monitoring of the participant’s health status.
- Maintains current, accurate documentation of health care services provided and coordinated or contracted.
- Integrates into the Interdisciplinary Team as an active participant.
- Serves on various committees of the organization as requested.
- Prepares and submits reports including services provided as required.
- Attends pertinent health care conferences and courses to maintain knowledge of current trends in geriatric health care.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Must be licensed to practice medicine in the state where employed.
- Experience or added qualifications in geriatrics preferred.
- One (1) year experience working with geriatric population required for PACE communities.
Wichita Medical Physician Job
Primary Care Physician Job Requirements
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Physician must provide current state license, DEA registration, BNDD, and staff privileges at Ascension Living PACE contracted hospitals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of physical, mental and social needs of frail older adults.
- Effective skills in physical assessment, and chronic disease management for frail older adults.
- Must possess strong collaborative, interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking, verbal and written communication skills, and a desire to create a high-performance, effective team that can produce consistent, demonstrated results.
- Must demonstrate on an ongoing basis the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with co-workers and community leadership
- Competencies needed for this position include strong interpersonal relationship skills, detail oriented, work in collaboration with others, demonstrate a high degree of integrity and personal commitment, possess strong analytical skills, be able to work independently and manage multiple deliverables at the same time.
- Ability to function in a matrix environment and demonstrate a passion to succeed be self- motivated, dependable, committed, and a willingness to see a project through to its conclusion.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally required to carry or lift items weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Occasionally required to carry or lift items weighing up to 25 pounds for short distances. Required to obtain assistance of another qualified associate when attempting to lift objects over 25 pounds.
- Occasionally required to stand or walk.
- Frequently required to sit in a stationary position.
- Occasionally performs activities that require stooping, bending and reaching, squatting, balancing, and trunk twisting throughout the day.
- Constantly able to communicate verbally and in written form.
- Frequently able to detect and discern both loud and soft sounds such as phone calls and customer questions.
- Constantly able to use hands and fingers to type, write, and file.
- Frequently able to use near vision for viewing computer monitor and written materials.
- Occasionally required to detect unusual odors that could indicate environmental issues.
Position is Category I of Potential Exposure. Use of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required for every associate engaging in Category I tasks. Frequently exposed to blood, body fluids, fumes, or airborne particles, and sharp objects potentially contaminated with blood borne pathogens or other infectious agents.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Work is generally performed in an indoor, well-lighted, well-ventilated, heated and air- conditioned environment.
- Subject to frequent interruptions by staff, residents, visitors, and volunteers.
- Subject occasionally to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, staff, and visitors.
- Possess a personal presence characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of Ascension Living.
- Possesses a willingness to learn and apply Catholic Healthcare principles and values in the discernment and decision making process for all matters.
- Creates and maintains a partnership between associates, the community, and those we serve that fosters an environment honoring individual preferences, choices and traditions.
Via Christi Villages / Ascension Living is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status.