Medical Physician Job in Washington, Dc : DC
Looking for Medical Physician Jobs? See currently available Medical Physician job openings on medical-physician.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
medical-physician.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any medical physician job . We provide job resources for Medical Physician positions throughout the industry. medical-physician.jobs.net also provides Medical Physician jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Medical Physician by either city or state.
medical-physician.jobs.net is a medical physician job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Medical Physician jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your medical physician job search on medical-physician.jobs.net today.
Psychiatry Nurse Practitioner/ Physician Assistant - Hospital Based
Psychiatry Nurse Practitioner/ Physician Assistant - Hospital Based Job DescriptionPosition Summary
This advanced practitioner will support all aspects of the Psychiatry Service at the George Washington University Hospital and assist in the development of the psychiatry multi-disciplinary program. The NP /PA will be credentialed according to the medical staff regulations and will be under the supervision of appropriately credentialed attending physicians.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Includes but are not limited to the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
• Facilitates admissions, participates in rounds, and helps to formulate treatment plans.
• Aggressively works toward improving patient and family satisfaction.
• Coordinates care in conjunction with attending physicians and the interdisciplinary Psychiatric team.
• Prepares patients for discharge and smooth transition to home care.
• Improves communication and coordination with primary care physicians, ancillary services and Psychiatrists.
• Provides formal and informal nursing, staff and student education on a regular basis.
• Applies knowledge of growth and development over the life-span. Applies the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his/her assigned unit. Assesses data reflective of each patient’s status and interprets information needed in order to identify each patient’s age requirements relative to his/her age-specific healthcare needs.
• Maintains personal and professional growth and development through in-services, educational programs, workshops, and continuing medical education.
• Performs a variety of clinical interventions as required and within scope of practice and credentialing.
• Performs a variety of services and administrative tasks that are shareable by all so that the needs of the customers and fellow team members are met in a timely manner.
• Adheres to job-specific Patient Safety goals outlined in job description.
• Facilitates transfer of information among healthcare professionals in order to promote smooth patient transition between services and levels of care.
• Coordinates and implements strategies to improve quality, safety, and through put while maintaining a cost effective environment.
• Plans and incorporates new routines, procedures and treatments into practice based on evidence.
• Acts as a role model by demonstrating clinical and theoretical expertise, critical thinking and innovation in patient management and interdisciplinary relations.
• Ensures staff compliance with established standards of care and provides input to improve clinical practice.
• Supervises RN, NP, PA, interns, residents, health science and medical students as appropriate.
• Acts decisively and delegates effectively in order to achieve operational efficiency.
Duties to include (but not inclusive):
• Emergency dept initial consults
Admission to the psychiatric unit
• Assessment of patients
• Progress notes written
• Consults needed additional services
• Informs attending/resident, as needed, of changes in patient condition.
• Begin discharge preparation by providing patient/family with discharge instructions.
• Daily Assessment of progress, participation in rounds.
• Coordinates with social worker regarding planned discharges
• Prepares patients and families for discharge
• Reviews orders, notes, vitals, labs, tests, and medications with effect. Informs Attendings and team of status including any abnormalities.
• Follows up with discharge packets and ensures that families/patients have all necessary items including Information Sheet.
• Initiates, performs and participates in routine/regularly scheduled in-services for nursing, staff, and students on Psychiatry Service.
• Calls patients/families after discharge to assess patient condition and offer support.
Non-Essential Functions (Responsibilities)
Helps to maintain a safe, clean and orderly work environment.
• Understands and supports The GW Medical Faculty Associates and The George Washington University Hospital’s mission statement, vision, and values and guiding principles.
• Carries out safety and infection control procedures to ensure patient, staff and visitor safety.
• Responds to customers in a friendly, prompt, and caring manner, maintaining confidentiality and respect.
• Demonstrates positive behaviors toward patients, families, physicians, and all coworkers.
• Promotes mutual respect and professionalism.
• Participates in Performance Improvement activities by identifying areas needing improvement and taking action to improve, trend, and report through PI process.
• Proven interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians and
other health care team members
• Demonstrated flexibility and dedication to team involvement.
• Capable of accepting new challenges and developing programs from start to finish
• Self-directed, with sound decision making, written and verbal communication skills
• Able to maintain confidentiality
• Effective interpersonal skills with strong facilitation, conflict resolution and negotiating skills
Washington Medical Physician Job
Psychiatry Nurse Practitioner/ Physician Assistant - Hospital Based Job RequirementsQualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
NP: A masters degree in nursing and completion of an approved course of study as a nurse practitioner. Current ANCC or AANP certification and D.C. licensure as a NP is necessary.
PA: A masters degree as physician assistant and completion of an approved course of study as a physician assistant. Current NCCPA certification and D.C. licensure as a Physician Assistant is necessary.
Some previous experience in psychiatry is recommended. Excellent communication skills required.
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner. Must be able to follow and understand instructions, and react favorably in all work situations. Must have strong interpersonal skills and be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people at various levels within and outside the Medical Faculty Associates (MFA). Must be able to do math calculations and input data into the computer.
General supervision is received weekly to monthly from the designated Team Lead and the Chief, Hospital-Based NP/PA, GWU Hospital.
Functional supervision may be exercised over professional nurses.