Medical Physician Job in Huntsville, Alabama : AL
Looking for Medical Physician Jobs? See currently available Medical Physician job openings on medical-physician.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
medical-physician.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any medical physician job . We provide job resources for Medical Physician positions throughout the industry. medical-physician.jobs.net also provides Medical Physician jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Medical Physician by either city or state.
medical-physician.jobs.net is a medical physician job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Medical Physician jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your medical physician job search on medical-physician.jobs.net today.
Registered Nurse Case Manager
Registered Nurse Case Manager Job Description
Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday.
At Compassus, our mission is to provide hospice care to terminally ill patients and their families with Compassion, Integrity, and Excellence. The Colleagues of Compassus are committed to keeping The Hospice Promise by delivering the highest quality of care, serving the needs of patients and families and spreading the stories of hospice to those whom they come into contact. Our goal is to provide the greatest possible comfort and care for those who experience one of life’s most intimate and challenging moments.
Compassus also provides palliative care to improve quality of life for patients and families who may also be seeking aggressive treatment for their serious illness. Compassus palliative care services can offer relief from symptoms and pain and a care plan based on your values and needs.
The Registered Nurse Case Manager is responsible for modeling the 3 Company values of Compassion, Integrity, and Excellence, and for promoting the Hospice Compassus philosophy, using the 6 Pillars of success as the foundation. S/he is responsible for upholding the Code of Ethical Conduct and for promoting positive working relationships within the Program, between the Program and other Company departments, and between the Program and all external stakeholders. The Registered Nurse Case Manager functions as an IDT member to provide routine and emergency assessment, (including on-call responsibilities), educational, and evaluative services to meet the needs of patients and their families. S/he helps the patient and family maintain their maximum level of comfort and coping. He/she flexes schedule to meet agency-staffing needs and provides after hours emergency support to the patient and family. S/he is responsible for applying the rules and regulations of state and federal regulatory agencies and other certified agencies.
- Supports agency and corporate policies, goals, and objectives.
- Promotes a positive working relationship between agency and corporate personnel.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, educational programs and community events, as requested.
- Promotes hospice philosophy.
- Communicates identified needs and potential solutions to supervisor.
- Performs routine and emergency assessments.
- Completes routine and emergency assessments on each patient as indicated by departmental policy.
- Coordinates clinical and psycho-social and spiritual services as indicated by Plan of Care through case management.
- Records observations, treatments, and other pertinent information.
- Communicates with IDT, Medical Director and Attending Physician as directed regarding measures to alleviate symptoms, and monitors response to measures implemented.
- Provides physical and emotional interventive care to support the patient and family in period of crisis through case management with the psycho-social team.
- Prevents unwarranted hospitalizations by meeting patient and family needs in the home.
- Coordinates Case Management of routine and emergency patient care.
- Collaborates with IDT meet needs of patient for clinical and psycho-social interventions.
- Collaborates with IDT to coordinate hospice care for the patient and family to ensure appropriateness, continuity, and quality of care.
- Updates the POC for IDT.
- Develops and updates care plans following each POC change and ensures updates are made from the psycho-social staff.
- Assists in identifying the need for intervention of other IDT members.
- Effectively communicates patient and family needs to IDT.
- Educates patient and caregiver regarding:
- Care of patient.
- Disease process.
- Dying Process
- Symptom control.
- Wound care.
- Admits patients:
- Explains hospice services and Medicare benefits to patients and families
- Obtains the Election of Benefits.
- Completes referral and admission assessments as requested.
- Maintains appropriate communication.
- Keeps physician and Medical Director informed of patient needs and condition.
- Ensures documentation at bedside.
- Notifies other IDT members of physician concerns and suggestions.
- Submits appropriate documentation and paper work to contracted facilities at completion of patient visit.
- Completes and submits IDT Narratives, time logs, and all required documentation by 10 A.M. the following morning.
- Supervises the care given by Licensed Practical Nurses and Hospices Aides.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Registered Nurse with a current nursing license in state of employment. Minimum one year nursing practice or equivalent experience preferred. Hospice, Oncology, or Home Health and/or long-term care preferred.
- Louisiana: Two years full time experience as a Registered Nurse or two years clinical in hospice.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentage.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information one on one, to physicians and to teach and train colleagues and respond to questions one-on-one and from groups of colleagues, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
Possess strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills. Must be of high integrity including maintenance of confidential information including all personnel and patient records. Must be able to travel frequently.
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
Registered Nursing License in state of employment. Must have a valid driver's license and auto liability insurance.
Other Skills and Abilities
Good Communication skills. Understanding and acceptance of hospice philosophy. Ability to flex schedule to respond to emergency and/or temporary staffing needs for on call needs of the patients. Ability to understand, read, write and speak English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a colleague to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk and hear. The colleague frequently is required to stand, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The colleague is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The colleague must frequently lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
There will be possible exposure to infectious diseases. Circumstances can be unpredictable in patient's or family's home. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Frequent driving is required.
Join our Talent Network at the link below to stay up to date on our current openings.
Huntsville Medical Physician Job