Medical Physician Job in Washington, Dc : DC
Looking for Medical Physician Jobs? See currently available Medical Physician job openings on medical-physician.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
medical-physician.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any medical physician job . We provide job resources for Medical Physician positions throughout the industry. medical-physician.jobs.net also provides Medical Physician jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Medical Physician by either city or state.
medical-physician.jobs.net is a medical physician job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Medical Physician jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your medical physician job search on medical-physician.jobs.net today.
Trauma Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant - Surgery, Hospital Based
Trauma Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant - Surgery, Hospital Based Job DescriptionTo perform a clinical role in providing care to the multiply injured, critically ill and surgical patients under the supervision of the trauma medical staff. To also perform a clinical role in providing surgical assessment and care to general surgery patients under the supervision of the general surgery medical staff. The NP/PA will be credentialed according to the medical staff regulations of GWUH. They will be under the supervision of an appropriately credentialed trauma attending physician.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
• Performs evaluation and problem identification of trauma surgery service patients.
• Performs history and physical examination of trauma surgery patients.
• Writes orders and prescriptions, interprets laboratory data and radiological tests.
• Provides pre-operative and post operative patient management.
• Coordinates with multiple services and departments, within and external to the hospital, to provide optimal care of the trauma patient.
• Under medical direction by supervising physicians, assesses, treats, and manages trauma patients from ER admission to discharge.
• Provides procedural counseling and obtains appropriate procedural consents
• Assists supervising physicians during surgical and trauma procedures as trained.
• Monitors patient status and response to treatments.
• Recommends appropriate therapeutic interventions.
• Provides appropriate wound care management as necessary
• Interacts with consultants, and provides consults, as appropriate.
• Provides education and counseling for patients. Directs patient and/or family to agencies dealing with trauma related recovery.
• Orders appropriate therapeutic interventions.
• Performs procedures for which practitioner is credentialed as dictated by patient need.
• Provides detailed patient discharge planning including patient discharge instruction/information.
• Participates in daily team rounding, periodic M&M sessions and department conferences/teaching opportunities.
• Participates in Departmental quality assurance, risk management, and compliance efforts.
• Facilitates transfer of information among healthcare professionals in order to promote smooth patient transition between services and levels of care.
• Demonstrates the ability to coordinate patient care across the continuum of services including inpatient, home health and physician offices.
• Acts as a role model to nursing staff by demonstrating clinical and theoretical expertise, critical thinking and innovation in patient management.
• Ensures staff compliance with established standards of care and provides input to improve clinical practice.
• Plans and incorporates new routines, procedures and equipment into practice based on evidence.
• Participates in the educational programs of the Department.
• Identifies, plans and implements care education programs for staff, patients, families and the community.
• Eagerly seeks and participates in teaching opportunities with MFA, GWUH, GWU persons, as well as, with local, national, and international students and faculty.
• Actively creates, initiates and participates in trauma research and development.
• Coordinates and implements financial strategies to maintain a cost effective environment.
• Monitors and measures performance in order to identify opportunities for improvement, including the trauma performance improvement program as requested.
• Develops and manages process improvement activities, including assisting with the trauma outreach program as requested..
• Supervises RN, NP, PA, interns, residents, health science and medical students as appropriate.
Non Essential Functions (Responsibilities)
Helps to maintain a safe, clean and orderly work environment.
Understands and supports The GW Medical Faculty Associates and The George Washington University Hospital’s mission statement, vision, and values and guiding principles.
Carries out safety and infection control procedures to ensure patient, staff and visitor safety.
Responds to customers in a friendly, prompt, and caring manner, maintaining confidentiality and respect.
Demonstrates positive behaviors toward patients, families, physicians, and all coworkers.
Promotes mutual respect and professionalism.
Participates in Performance Improvement activities by identifying areas needing improvement and taking action to improve, trend, and report through PI process.
Proven interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians and other health care team members
Demonstrated flexibility and dedication to team involvement.
Capable of accepting new challenges and developing programs from start to finish
Self-directed, with sound decision making, written and verbal communication skills
Able to maintain confidentiality
Effective interpersonal skills with strong facilitation, conflict resolution and negotiating skills.
Washington Medical Physician Job
Trauma Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant - Surgery, Hospital Based Job RequirementsThe requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
NP: A master’s degree in nursing and completion of an approved course of study as a nurse practitioner. Current ANCC or AANPCP certification and D.C. licensure as an NP is necessary.
PA: A master’s degree as physician assistant and completion of an approved course of study as a physician assistant. Current NCCPA certification and D.C. licensure as a Physician Assistant is necessary.
Previous trauma service experience preferred. Previous surgical experience preferred. Excellent communication skills required.
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner. Must be able to follow and understand instructions, and react favorably in all work situations. Must have strong interpersonal skills and be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people at various levels within and outside the Medical Faculty Associates (MFA). Must be able to do math calculations and input data into the computer.