Medical Physician Job in Missoula, Montana : MT
Looking for Medical Physician Jobs? See currently available Medical Physician job openings on medical-physician.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
medical-physician.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any medical physician job . We provide job resources for Medical Physician positions throughout the industry. medical-physician.jobs.net also provides Medical Physician jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Medical Physician by either city or state.
medical-physician.jobs.net is a medical physician job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Medical Physician jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your medical physician job search on medical-physician.jobs.net today.
Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor
Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor Job DescriptionOverview
We are currently seeking a Vocational Case Manager.
Coordinates and implements the vocational training or retraining necessary to return the claimant to the workplace. Conducts transferable skills analysis, vocational testing/evaluation, job analysis and job search activities. Coordinates claimant participation in various programs, activities and services designed to prepare them for re-entry to the workforce.Responsibilities
Main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating the individual’s vocational training program while maximizing cost containment by getting the injured worker back to work.
- Conducting vocational assessment interviews and tests, which, in conjunction with the medical information and release, will allow the formulation of vocational goals. Must practice proper testing techniques, and interpret the results without error in order to avoid complicating the claimant’s rehabilitation and to return them to work.
- Working with the physicians and therapists to set up medical assessments to identify physical and mental capabilities which will aid in counseling the injured worker on vocational alternatives should limitations call for another type of work, or if necessary and appropriate, retraining.
- Researching training and pain programs, coordinating participation and monitoring the individual’s success over the course of the program.
- Working with employers (past or potential) and employment placement facilities on modifications to job duties based on medical limitations and the employee’s functional assessment. Conducting job analysis to ensure a match before placing the client in the job; obtains, when necessary, physician approval.
- Providing job search skills training to claimants. Instructing on completing applications, identifying job markets, improving interview skills. Counseling them on alleviating anxiety and dealing with potentially negative attitudes among employers and employees.
- Coordinating the injured worker’s appointments and arranging and/or may personally escort them to the appointments.
- After placement, following up by visiting the worksite, and evaluating activities and assessing performance.
- May provide exert testimony on litigated cases.
- Developing knowledge of current job market in an effort to identify alternative placements.
- Documenting and reporting all case activity is critical for successful vocational rehabilitation.
- Maintaining all case documents in files ensuring a comprehensive and detailed source of information for all parties involved in the case.
- Preparing detailed evaluation reports, as per account guidelines, and case notes documenting each phase of activity as it is completed.
- Maintaining phone contact with all parties involved to monitor, update, and advance the vocational rehabilitation and to ensure that the case progresses.
- Completing insurance carrier reports on a monthly (or as required) basis, as well as other necessary paperwork for the insurance company, state, or other regulatory bodies.
- Coordinating case management with attorneys, insurance carriers, physicians, employers, and claimants. Serves as a main liaison in the rehabilitation process.
- Acquiring and maintaining knowledge of developments in the medical case management field. Keeps abreast of local workers’ compensation laws and regulations, as well as other issues related to the vocational case management/managed care field.
- May assist in training/orientation of new staff as requested.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Missoula Medical Physician Job
Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor Job Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- B.S., B.A., in vocational evaluation, special education, behavioral psychology, or related field required. Masters level and/or advanced study strongly preferred or as required by state law.
- Prior industry-related experience preferred.
- Meets all vocational case management eligibility requirements of the state/jurisdiction of hire.
- C.R.C., C.C.M., C.D.M.S., L.R.C. or C.V.E. eligibility required. Actual certification preferred, or as required by state law.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Prior vocational case management experience preferred.
- Background in state workers’ compensation law and practices desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, phone manners and organizational skills.
- Ability to set priorities and work independently.
- Computer literacy required.